Proudly Made in Britain!
We are proud members of the Made in Britain campaign, an initiative created to support and promote British manufacturing.
The campaign provides verification that products have been made in Britain, giving customers the means to make an informed choice about which items they would like to buy.
At Advanced Handling, based in Market Deeping, we design and manufacture materials handling equipment to meet the needs of many different industries. We offer a wide range of manual handling products and brands that include lifting trolleys, industrial manipulators, stackers, scissor lifts and mezzanine goods lifts. However, on top of this extensive range of equipment and brands, if we don’t have a standard unit that will do the job, we will design and manufacture one that does.
With so many other materials handling equipment suppliers buying all their items in from overseas and selling them “off the shelf”, this makes us uniquely able to meet our British customers’ very specific requirements, which is particularly important when high value or difficult to handle products are involved.
We are the only materials handling company that has been accepted into the Made in Britain campaign.
Carrying the marque gives our customers reassurance in relation to the following factors:
- If a suitable standard product is not available, we have the design and manufacturing ability here, in the UK, on your doorstep, to create a bespoke solution.
- Our products are built specifically for the British market by people that understand the British market.
- The knowledge that the product has passed through stringent British quality control monitoring systems.
- Innovation and design – our small design team are able to keep up to date with the latest techniques and developments to create intuitive and unique designs.
- Cheaper logistics – when products are manufactured in the UK, the cost of transport will not be passed on to the consumer.
- Much improved craftsmanship – Advanced Handling are celebrating our 40th anniversary next year and many of our engineering staff have been with us for over 20 years. They are very skilled at what they do and take pride in their work.
- We are supporting the UK economy by investing in manufacturing in the UK.
- Manufacturers from abroad frequently focus on cutting costs. We focus on reputation and creating loyal customers who want to come back to us time and again.
Mike Prince, Managing Director of Advanced Handling, commented, “We are delighted to be accepted into the Made in Britain campaign. We have been established as a UK manufacturer of materials handling equipment in Peterborough for almost 40 years and have built up a high level of experience, skill and development history in that time. We can offer the flexibility of service that is only possible with skilled design and manufacturing teams on site in the UK. This enables us to work closely with our customers and to meet their needs more easily, ensuring that our solutions are designed and built to fit in seamlessly with their application. This is not nearly as straightforward when working with companies that do not manufacture here in the UK.”