Effective 17 May 2018
What we collect
Advanced Handling Ltd collects the following types of information through the Advanced Handling Ltd Sites:
• Information you provide:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
• Information collected from other sources. We may combine information about you from Advanced Handling Ltd Sites, information collected offline, or from external parties.
What we do with the information we gather
Advanced Handling Ltd uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
• To provide you with the Advanced Handling Ltd products and services you request.
• To offer and provide information about similar and/or related products and services.
• To customize and improve your experience on Advanced Handling Ltd Sites.
• To generally improve our products and Advanced Handling Ltd Sites and other internal business purposes.
• To notify and report to authorities under our legal obligations.
Under European data protection laws, Advanced Handling Ltd must have a legal basis to process your Personal Data. The legal basis that applies in a particular instance will depend on the specific purposes described above for which Advanced Handling Ltd is processing your Personal Data:
• In certain instances, Advanced Handling Ltd may ask for your consent to collect and process your Personal Data. Should you choose to provide your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “Your Privacy Choices” section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred.
• In other instances, the processing of your Personal Data may be necessary in order to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt out of this processing, or your choice to opt out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
• In yet other instances, Advanced Handling Ltd may process your Personal Data based on Advanced Handling Ltd’s legitimate interests in communicating with you about our products and services, and about scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt out of all such processing of your Personal Data. You may do so by contacting us as described in the “Your Privacy Choices” section.
Processing operations may include the recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data. The Personal Data we collect about you may be stored for ten years following the most recent interaction we have had with you, after which point it will be archived only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
Advanced Handling Ltd maintains controls to protect and secure Personal Data, but when you share Personal Data online there is always some risk that an unauthorised third party could gain access to your information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Advanced Handling Ltd does not sell or disclose your Personal Data to third parties without your consent, except:
• To another company in connection with the sale or transfer of one of our product lines or divisions, which includes the services provided through one or more of Advanced Handling Ltd’s affiliates.
• To governing regulatory authorities or as may otherwise be necessary for Advanced Handling Ltd to comply with a legal obligation or demand.
For how long does Advanced Handling retain data?
Advanced Handling holds data in line with current UK and EU (where no UK equivalent exists) legislation.
We will not keep personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required in line with current timescales identified in the GDPR INVENTORY QSPAH-GDPR-1-6REV2. These times scales are based on legal review and inputs from other group companies to ensure we use the strictest criteria while adhering to all local legal requirements under UK legislation.
Your Privacy Choices
You have the right to see and get a copy of the Personal Data about you that we maintain as well as to ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data about you. You have the right to receive data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another controller. You may also request the erasure of your Personal Data or the restriction of its processing, or object to the processing of Personal Data about you. To seek access to Personal Data about you, to file a concern, complaint, or request for correction, or to opt out of particular programs, please contact our Data Controller by using the Advanced Handling Ltd contact information on the Advanced Handling Ltd mobile application you are using, or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send a letter to the following address:
Advanced Handling Ltd
Your local Data Protection Authority is responsible for making sure that applicable privacy laws are followed in your locality. For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are not able to resolve a problem directly with us and wish to make a complaint, please contact your local Data Protection Authority.