Reseller Case Study
Requirement: Bespoke Handling Solution
Key feature: Completing a number of tasks for a reseller to make the company more efficient in a space-constrained environment.
Our reseller was approached by the end user, who was searching for a solution to different handling issues they were encountering. Advanced Handling, a British manufacturer of intelligent handling machinery, is a specialist supplier of lifting and handling equipment to approved resellers. We offer detailed product information, support and customer site visits, accompanying our resellers if sales support is required.
Our client’s sales teams are proud to go the extra mile to offer their customers bespoke handling products if standard products won’t do the job. And Advanced Handling specialise in supplying custom-built solutions. The two companies work extremely well together as a team, to provide the end user with significant added value.
Anita Sangot, Sales Executive at Advanced Handling, accompanied the reseller sales team on a site visit to establish what was required.
Over a course of 12 months, we assisted our client with a number of challenges:
- Tote tins needed lifting into archives in a restricted space at awkward angles
- Dies needed to be lifted and deposited into processing machinery in a cramped environment
- Retrieving baskets from wash conveyors was difficult and ergonomically challenging
- Grinding wheels needed to be lifted from storage racks into processing machinery
All of these tasks were made more difficult by the “space-constrained” area and the weight and shape of the items to be lifted.
1. Our lightweight Pronomic 90E Lifting Units were fitted with bespoke attachments for moving and manipulating the tote tins to give operators the flexibility to retrieve and deposit the tins, eliminating the need to manually lift the tote tins at height.
2. The dies are now lifted by our Pronomic Expand & Turn trolley, a compact lifting unit with an expandable boom which is inserted directly into the die centre, expanded, then lifted.
3. Our Elevation Mobile Scissor Tables with electrohydraulic movement in the vertical plane and manual movement in the horizontal plane were supplied to remove baskets from the wash conveyors. This eliminated strenuous reaching and lifting from conveying machinery at height.
4. The standard attachments on our popular Freedom Plus Stackers were replaced with bespoke end effectors purpose-built to collect the grinding wheels and also to manoeuvre through the arbor and safety enclosure.
Benefits To The End User
The general benefits across the supplied range of equipment were:
- Protection of employees from injury
- Compliance with all UK safety regulations
- Much improved operational efficiency
- Well-motivated employees who appreciated the improvements
Benefits To The Reseller
The importance of a close working partnership between Advanced Handling and our resellers is demonstrated by:
- Higher profit margins for the resellers, who can offer materials handling expertise
- Full sales support, which frequently includes site visits, free of charge
- An exceptional discount enabling them to be competitive with pricing
- The supply of demo equipment as and when required to help secure a sale.
- The availability of case studies to demonstrate competence in past projects